Monday, May 2, 2011

The March AZ trip- WARNING-long long post!

Well...We always seem to take a trip the end of March since it is our anniversary and my birthday. It was our 5th anniversary and my 28th birthday. My Golden birthday as a matter of fact. So we decided to go to Arizona to see Mich, Nate, and the boys. We saw the Grand Canyon, went to a Dodger game, went to the lake, went on some hikes around Lake Powell, played at the park, loved on the new baby, and listened to a lot of TANTRUMS. We did a lot of fun/cool things, but Dylan's screaming made some of them difficult to enjoy!

First up was the Grand Canyon. Dylan was really mad when we got there and naturally had a blast and was mad when we made him get back in the car. It was so pretty. Here are a few shots that we took, it is pretty much impossible most of the time to get Dylan to look at the camera.

I love this pic. what you don't see is my hand out and ready to catch him at any moment! On this short expedition he managed to fall several times, get a black eye, bloody his knees even through his pants, and cut his hand. I guess we are lucky that he didn't climb the fence and dive into the canyon. Crazy man!



It was really windy and cold!

My hottie hubs.

After the initial lookout area we just pulled over to areas that we could hop out of the car for a quick pic and not get Dylan out. I have serious mom anxiety at places like this. He is too wild and has zero fear. Scary combo.

Dylan loved the hotels and the queen size bed all to himself.


Dylan and Kade had a blast playing together! They were so good as long as they could be outside all day long playing. There was a lot of dirt, sunscreen, and baths taking place.




Shocker! Dylan isn't looking and Mr. Kade thought that he was smiling. LOL! That face is a crackup.

Can you say panic attack! I was having one as I was taking this picture. He thinks that he is way bigger than he is. Like I said...no fear. Stick with the stairs Dyl. This is the first time ever that I have let him have free rein on the playground. Usually I follow right behind him for these reasons. We still are not sure how we've made it 3 years without a broken bone.




Love these 2 boys. Kade loved to follow Dylan. So cute. Dylan was around the block before I caught up with him. This is why we stay in fenced in areas!

We can't forget about this little one. Zane is so cute and I loved getting my snuggle on with him. Dylan loved the baby. Every time he cried Dylan was running to him to see what was going on. He'd say "its ok baby. Ah soft baby."






Jeff and Nate spent a few days at the lake, but Mich and I took the kids one afternoon. The boys had a blast throwing rocks in the lake. Zane was a good boy until it came time for the car ride home. All 3 boys were screaming. Zane was hungry, Kade was tired, and Dylan was screaming "stop it" to the baby because his crying was stressing him out. Michelle was about in tears and I was laughing so hard! A car full of emotion! I think the reason I was laughing was that only one of the screamers was mine. Haha. 3 babies under 3 is a lot of work.



Mich gathering up all the toys that were floating away.

Dylan really loved baby Zane. Here he is giving him kisses. Such sweet boys.


Dodger Spring Training~ well this was the thing that we were pretty dang excited for. I think that Jeff enjoyed the game, but they were hellish hours for me. Dylan was so so naughty. He wouldn't stay by us, he was going into roped off areas, I chased him around the stadium multiple times and then the screaming started. It was nap time, it was hot, and it was lots of room to run...bad combo for mom. He finally passed out after about 2 hrs. You know it was bad when multiple people say "oh so he finally gave up huh?" when you are walking back to your spot with a sleeping child. I seriously stood behind a empty beer stand(I needed shade people!) and held him tight until he gave up and fell asleep. LOL. I can laugh now that it has been a month. It will be a long time before we take him to another baseball game!



This was after the game and a much needed nap.

We finished up the trip by staying the night in Page, AZ and did a few hikes around Lake Powell. Horse Shoe Bend was gorgeous. Dylan wanted nothing to do with the hike. Why? Well because he is 3 and this place was a giant sandbox!






Tired, sun burned, scraped, bruised, and exhausted! The end.

3 comments:

The Chase's said...

What a fun trip! I love him on the playground. Am I ready for a boy?:)

Lisa said...

Holy cow! How cute! I'm so glad you got to see those guys. I can't believe we didn't see them when we were down there a couple months ago actually. Anyway, your pictures are way cute and we miss you guys!

Chablis said...

Totally fun! It looks a lot like the trip we took last year on Scott's break from deployment. :) Paige...what a lovely city. :)

So, Dylan is adorable, as usual. When is he gonna get a baby sibling?
(is that inappropriate to say on a blog comment?)