Well the votes are in. The nurses and doctors told us that they voted Dylan the cutest baby in the NICU and needless to say......we agree.
It has been a really good couple of days. Dylan has surpassed the 3 pound mark. He has graduated from the "high flow" nasal cannula to the standard nasal cannula. This means that his oxygen needs have decreased and he is beginning to breath more and more on his own. He finished his antibiotics and no longer has IVs. It is due to his lack of an IV that we get to have regular tub baths with him. His first tub bath took place on March 29, 2008 and he seemed to love it. It was sooo awesome to see him just chilling in the tub. His feeding tube is now in his nose opposed to in his mouth. This allows him to practice nursing. This most likely will be our next big hurdle, but so far he seems to be some what interested so we'll see how it goes.
Because he is such a big boy, he gets to wear clothes instead of just his diaper. He sports preemie onesies and sleepers, but they still seem to be a bit too big. Maybe in another month he'll fit into them better.
He continues to progress and it's awesome to see him come along. We love our little guy more than anything in the world!
We continue to get so much support. Thanks for all the phone calls, visits, letters, and gifts. We want to especially thank our parents and grandparents for all they have done and do for us. We are very thankful for great family and friends who have helped us through this trying time.
10 comments:
He is so amazing, what a strong little man, he is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I can't wait for you guys to be able to take him home, it is so good that he has good care at the hospital, hang in there looks and sounds like things are going well!
I just love looking at your bog and watching this little dude grow!! He is so adorable and just keeps getting cuter!! Congrats with the success and good luck with the upcoming hurdles! I'm sure you'll both do just fine!!
Oh how cute...he is growing so fast! His little outfit looks so huge!
I am so happy to hear all about Dylan's progress. Such cute pictures of him in the tub!
He gets cuter everytime you post! That's exciting that he is wearing clothes. I bet he has tons of them. Good luck with the nursing. I bet you will enjoy that special bonding time!
Brandi
WOW!! He looks so good! I am so glad that everything is going well! He is sooooo darling! I do know how to make some extra preemie clothes if you are interested?
Dylan is so adorable. I love his picture in the tub. We are so happy that he is doing great! Can't wait to see you.
K How precious!! It was so good seein you guys at Target, cutest parents! YOu look UNREAL too! Him in the bath tub!! AWWW I love Dylan! :)
He looks so adorable in these pics especially the one in the tub! What an sweet little family the 3 of you are! Hope to see ya soon.
Oh he is just so sweet! I can't believe how big the preemie clothes are on him! I am glad he is doing so well!
Post a Comment