Monday, February 25, 2008

Rollercoaster Ride

When we said this was going to be a up and down journey we weren't kidding. Today they discovered that Dylan has a staff infection called MRSA. So far, we know that it's in his lungs and we're waiting for more blood work to come back to see if it has spread anywhere else. They have started him on several antibiotics and anti-fungals and hope to catch it quickly. Dylan's having blood pressure problems and they have also started him on other medications to regulate it. Although this isn't a very common infection it is manageable and it's common for preemies to get infections. There isn't really a way to determine how he got it, but for the time being, having visitors isn't really an option. They are moving him to a more isolated area to prevent the spread of infection. Things will be okay, but it doesn't make it any easier seeing our little boy sick. In fact, words can not express how much I HATE seeing my little boy like this. There isn't a more horrible and helpless feeling in the world than wanting to help your child so much and not being able to do anything about it. This will definitely be a long process of ups and downs and chances are he may go through a couple of different infections before our stay here is done. He's a tough little guy and will pull through, but I just want someone to wake me up when this is all over. Please keep our little Dylan in your prayers.

-Jeff and Brandi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff and Brandi-
I know that you don't know me, but I happened upon your sight through my cousin's blog. I was so touched by your beautiful little boy and my heart goes out to you. My little girl was also a preemie, weighing in at 3 lbs. 11 oz. She too spent a lot of time in the Nicu and had a rockyroad to climb. She is now 12 years old and doing great. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep pushing along.
Robyne

Camille said...

Jeff and Brandi!
you are so amaizing to keep going strong! you are in our prayers along with your sweet baby Boy! I can't imagine how hard that would be! please let us know if there is anything we can do for you! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Heather said...

I'm sorry for the rollercoaster of emotions you are going through right now. Wouldn't it be great if we could just sleep our problems away? But luckily, you have been blessed to be the parents of this beautiful little boy. And you will help him overcome this trial and any other trial that he will be faced with in the future. Because I'm sure there will be many. That is one of the greatest blessings of being a parent. Unfortunately, you are just having to learn that lesson really well early on in his life. Our prayers are with you.

Clements Family said...

Our prayers are with you guys! I know that it is tough, but you guys are amazing parents and it will all be over soon!

Jennifer Sciore said...

You guys are so strong!! Dylan is so lucky to have you as parents. What hospital are you guys at?

georgeandmarie said...

We continue to keep your family in our thoughts and prayer!! Keep your heads up and know it is all worth it!! You know he loves you so much already and everything you are doing for him! You are strong parents!!