Have you ever in your entire life seen something so freaking cute? Seriously though!? He is the most awesome little boy ever! His hair was pretty dark the first couple days, but now almost a week old, his hair is beginning to get lighter and is almost going blonde on us.
Well after 11 total hospital days and nights Brandi was released. Her blood pressure is still a bit high, but we have her on some medication to regulate it and hopefully in the next few weeks it'll go down for good. We wanted nothing more in the world than to take our little guy home with us, but he still has some growing and developing to do. So we'll be pretty much living at the hospital until we can take him home.
So far this has been a really rough trail and at times it seems overwhelming. He's going to have some good days and some bad days, but we have a good feeling everything will work out. We both have been amazed to hear how many people are praying and fasting for our little family. This is very humbling and it has brought tears to our eyes on several different occasions. We would like to thank everyone for the prayers and fasting. Please continue to help us ask the Lord for His blessings.
Dylan's vital organs look great and slowly but surely he continues to progress. We both have already been able to change his diaper and we've been trying to get him to take his tiny little binki. He also loves to grab onto his mommy's finger
Here is a quick update on his progress
-blood gases and sugars look good
-O2 and CO2 levels are bouncing around a bit, but it's normal for a pre-term baby
-he's having a hard time processing the little food we're giving him. This is also very normal due to the fact that we're asking the stomach and intestines to begin functioning when they weren’t ready to start for another 2 months.
-they have been keeping a close eye on brain and heart functions and anatomy and so far both look great.
-he's on some antibiotics to prevent him from getting infections.
15 comments:
My sister and I have been following your story and it has touched our hearts so much. We are so happy that everything is going well with little Dylan Brandi and we pray that that their health continues. You must be a pretty amazing couple to have Heavenly Father trust you with such a strong and sweet spirit like Dylan. We love the updates and the pictures, so be sure to keep them coming.
He is so amazing. I can't believe how well he is progressing. Everytime I read your updates or even think about you guys, I can't keep the tears from flowing. I love seeing the pics and hearing the updates, keep them coming. And my kids are a little obsessed with your story as well. Kaylee has named all her dolls Baby Dylan and she plays doctor with them. And when they pray at night they pray for him over and over. So even little people are thinking about him. Hope all is well, keep your spirits up.
Oh my gosh! CONGRATS! A new Mommy and Daddy, I am bawling reading your blog! The spirit touched me.. What an amazing couple you are and what a precious little boy you have. Brandi, good job girl! What an emotional roller coaster. I don't know you guys very well, but I will for sure pray for Baby Dylan! My goodness what a sweetheart!
Jeff and Brandi,
Seriously Dylan is beautiful! and so stinkin tiny! I just found your blog, I had no idea. I can't imagine what you are going through! I am so happy that your little family is okay and doing better. What a blessing! I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers! Congrats on your new addition to the family. He is darling. Becca
WOW!! What a beautiful baby! I came across your blog site and have been watching for all of your updates. We are praying for your little trooper! Children are such a blessing that add meaning to your lives. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
we are thinking of you guys! We are excited for your little family! we want to come visit you!! Dylan looks so stinkin cute!
I can't believe how little he is! He is so cute. We are so happy that he is doing so well. We will continue to pray for you guys. You are all so amazing. We love you!
It's good to hear your little guy is doing so well. Keep up the updates. We love you and are praying for all three of you.
jeff - those pictures are adorable. and i love love love the footprint and handprint. your mom was so excited and proud to come show off this morning. i'm so glad that brandi has been released. i know you'll still be spending all of your time at the hospital, but it means she's doing better, too. what a relief! i'm so impressed with your positive attitude and your faith... so many people are praying for your family, its amazing to see those blessings working! thanks for keeping us updated, especially with more darling pictures of dylan!
Oh my heck...he is so cute! I just get tears every time I look at the pictures. I can't imagine! I am glad to hear that things are going good. My mom said you all had a rough day on saturday. We continue to think of you and pray for you and your little man!
I guess I just need to be prepared that I am going to cry every time I read your blog. Life is such a precious miracle. Thanks for sharing your incredible journey with us. We love you guys so much and will continue to pray for you. He is beautiful.
Ditto to the emotional state I get in as I follow your journey. I can completely feel the spirit as you describe your experiences. It is very apparent that Dylan has an incredibly strong spirit and will. He seriously is ADORABLE!!!!
He is so cute and you guys look so relieved. We have been thinking about you non-stop. I can't read the comments that people put on your blog because I cry my eyes out EVERY TIME! I can't even imagine having to go through something like that! You guys are incredible! Keep it up!
thanks for the updates bro. dylan looks like he's progressed quite a bit since the last post. what a champ. i really like the photo's. talk to you guys soon.
Post a Comment