Saturday, February 2, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley



I want to take a moment to express my love for this great man. He is my hero. He has been such an incredible example of every aspect of life. The way he treats and honors his lovely wife has been an example of how I want to treat my wife who I love with all my heart. He always brings a smile to my face with his witty and amazing sense of humor. His work ethic is second to none. Brandi and I both mentioned to each other of how much we're going to miss just hearing his voice and testimony. So many incredible things have come to pass during his tenure as prophet, seer, and revelator. Temples daunt the landscape, generations of people from 3rd world countries and less fortunate circumstances will greatly benefit form the perpetual education fund. He was the people's prophet and the world's prophet. He touched millions of lives across the globe and so many of us have personal experiences of how he has influenced us in one way or another. As I watched his funeral I had a hard time keeping back the tears. He was hand picked and trained by God to lead His church during this time. He is awesome! I know that he was truly was the mouth piece of the Lord. When I get across to the other side I look forward to shake his hand and thank him for touching and blessing my life.

I am so glad he can be reunited with his sweet wife. May we all strive to heed his council to stand a little taller. We love you President Hinckley and thank you for all you have done for us.


No comments: