This week has been a rollercoaster with my emotions. Motherhood is amazing. I can't believe how quickly I unconditionally fell in love with this little guy and can't imagine my life without him. You have no idea how hard it is to sit there day after day and not be able to hold your baby. It is torture. Feb 23rd at 11 days old was the first time I was able to hold him. It was by far one of the greatest moments of my life. He is absolutely perfect. He loved being held. He nustled right up to my chest and was totally relaxed. You could tell that he knew his mom. I will always treasure this first time and can't wait to be able to hold him in my arms again soon!
One of the nurses was nice enough to do some hand molds of Dylan. They are amazing! They show so much detail of his little hands and are the actual size.
Here's one of D's molds in Daddy's hand.
Dylan's recent updates and accomplishments
-Peed on Mommy while getting his diaper changed.
-His other eye un-fused (One of his eyes was still fused shut at birth).
-Heart and Head still look great.
-His lungs are giving us fits, but they continue to develop.
-Had his 3rd blood transfusion.
-His feedings are progressing well and increasing in amount.
-Still on the ventilator.
-He surpassed the 2 pound mark. He's now weighing in at 2 lbs 3 oz!
-The nursery is almost done and we'll have pics coming soon
Thanks for the prayers and keep em' coming!!!!
8 comments:
this is all such good news. i'm sitting here crying I'm so happy for you guys. I can't imagine how relieved & excited you must be! Brandi - he's darling in your arms. That picture needs to be blown up & framed! I'm so glad that he's growing & that you were able to hold him. SO SPECIAL! I'm sure Sue's going to be high as a kite today! I can't wait to talk to her about it!
Brandi, Hi! It's Suzette, Goldie told me a little about what is going on so I looked at your blog and your baby is the cutest thing ever! He is so precious, I can't believe it. I love that you were in the North shore that is hands down my favorite place in the world...I am so jealous you got shaved ice, so yummy! Well your baby is in our prays and I can't wait to see him in real life...
Love, Suzette
Oh my goodness... what a special moment that will be unforgettable. I really can't imagine not being able to hold my newborn baby for 11 days. I am so happy you finally got to! You can tell that he loves you sooooo much. I don't even know you, Brandi, and I am just so impressed with you! I'm so glad he's developing and gaining weight! Those molds are so awesome too! I still cry every time I read your and Jeff's posts. Stay strong!
It was so good to see you guys yesterday! You are remarkable and so is your baby! The molds turned out great! Those are so precious! Keep it up! We love you!
That is such great news! That is awesome that you got to hold him!
I am so happy for you guys! I can't even imagine what is must have been like waiting to hold him. He is absolutely perfect! You both are amazing!!
hey jeff and brandi..i am soo glad that you both got to hold your little one...first off he is soo freakin adorable...seriously you two do good work!:) also i wanted to tell you how cool those hand moldings were to see...he is soo precious. I loved seeing the pics of you guys and just wanted to say what a beautiful family you have.
shauna
I am so glad that you were able to hold your little guy!! It is the best thing in the world to know that your child knows exactly who you are and what you mean to him!! I love that!! I hope you are feeling higher spirits to be at a the milestone of being able to hold Dylan...that is huge!! Congrats!!
Post a Comment