All in all we had a good hospital stay. This recovery was pretty hard on me as far as pain goes. I don't remember Dylan's C section being this bad (although I was on my death bed and my child was critically ill...so there was quite a bit going on and I don't remember a lot of his first 3 weeks.) My second night was extremely brutal. My nurse finally told me that I needed to stop trying to be so tough and she called the dr in the middle of the night.They ended up having to give me a hefty morphine shot in the behind. I was finally able to get a little pain free rest. We had a lot of help with Dylan from our parents which was so so nice. Jeff would go home in the evening to be with him for the night. After visitors during the day it was really nice to have some alone time with my baby girl. Lu and I would facetime with the boys at night. Jeff is so dang smitten with this little girl. By the second night Dylan was really missing his mommy and boy was his mommy missing him. As soon as he'd see me on the screen he'd get quiver lip. I felt so bad being away from him. I wish I would have taken a pic with everyone that came to visit, but I didn't so here are some pictures from our stay!
Finally snuggling with Mom
Grandpa and Grandma Cutler
Grandma Davis
Cousin Addy
"Skin to Skin" with Daddy
You can tell she is starting to get orange here.
Grandpa Davis, Dylan, and Lucy
On our last day her bilirubin levels had become dangerously high. They were going to make us stay for another day or two, but luckily they decided to let us go home with lights. They put her in their lights for the majority of our last day. She was a trooper and didn't seem to mind much.
No comments:
Post a Comment