Thursday, September 3, 2009

Surgery

This cute little man had to have another surgery today. He did really well and we are glad that we were able to come home a few hrs after. We love Dylan's GI doctor. She is so good and always willing to sit down with us and go over everything. Today they looked at all of his anatomy and took several biopsies from his digestive tract to test for allergies and a bunch of other stuff. She even sent us home with a bunch of pictures of the inside of Dylan. Don't worry we won't share those!



He was so hungry and mad before surgery. He finally screamed himself to sleep and so the anesthesiologist let me carry him back to the operating room. I was able to hold him while they put him under anesthesia. It was horrible to see him all floppy and drugged, but I was so happy that they didn't take him away from us kicking and screaming. Once he was under Jeff and I headed to the waiting room to sit with all the other stressed parents.



We were happy to get back to the recovery room to snuggle him while he tried to wake up. It was so cute when he saw us. He practically jumped out of the nurses arms and into mine. Recovery is always a struggle. He wasn't happy about his IV, blood pressure cuff, or sat monitor! So once we got rid of all of that he was much happier.



Seriously though...how cute does he look in his hospital clothes? He's never been able to fit in them for his other surgeries. They were a little bit big, but so stinkin cute.



Sleeping angel on the drive home.



Now we're home and he has been cracking us up. He crawls a few feet and then lays down to rest. Still a bit unstable on his feet, but starting to act more like himself. He was such a brave boy for surgery number 4.

5 comments:

Clements Family said...

What a tough little man you have! Glad the surgery went well!

The Balls said...

Poor kid! That guy is amazing! What a trooper you and D are!

the dunns said...

Glad to hear the surgery went good and that he got come home so soon. He does look super cute in those hospital clothes!!!!

Steve, Jen, Veronica, and Logan said...

Sorry I haven't ever commented on yours - we love reading it. I am glad he did well in surgery and hope that all your GI stuff gets better and better. - I actually tried to call you yesterday to pick your brain on some eye stuff but Dylan it seems got to your phone first and called me back himself! I could hear him and you guys in the background! I'll have to try again sometime.

Chablis said...

Bless your heart! I can't imagine taking my kids through surgery. You are so strong and SUCH a good mom! I'm glad it went well, and it looks like he's recovering very quickly!