Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bear World/Idaho Trip


We took a little family trip to Idaho this past weekend. It is always interesting trying to get everything packed for Dylan. He gets to have 4 bags and we each get one! We had a great time. Grandma Davis came with us. Our cousin had a wedding open house and it was fun to see some family. We started off our trip of course stopping in Malad for a lottery ticket(tradition)! Then on to Bear World. It is such an awesome place. It is owned by Yellowstone. There are elk, buffalo, mountain goats, wolves, grizzlies, black bears, moose, and lots of little critters. So you just drive your car through their habitat. The grizzlies are fenced off, but the rest is free range. Bears will walk right up to your car. It is pretty amazing to be that close to them.



This albino elk was so pretty.







After you drive through they have a petting area. Dylan of course was going nuts because he loves animals. He loved crawling all over in the dirt, rocks and yes...lots of animal poop I'm sure.



He loved feeling the ears on the deer. He went for the ears every time we got close to the deer.


The big old pig was another story. Dylan crawls right up to him and pats him. Then he stands up and kicks him a few times. Mr. Pig then wakes up and snorts at him a few times. So here is me holding him back for a pic.





We also took a drive up to the Warm River where you can feed the huge trout and then down to Cave Falls. It is so pretty. There had been a rock fall since last time we were there so you couldn't get back to the cave. Jeff can never resist a swim in the freezing water.







A big thanks to Grandma for keeping Dylan entertained in the back seat (even if there were a few milk explosions/feeding tube mishaps!) It was a great trip!

7 comments:

Mich and Nate said...

Of course I had to double click on EVERY picture to see that little guy up close and personal. I love is little smile so much! I can't believe he's not scared of those animals...I'd be freakin out!

amy said...

awww :) dylan looks like the happiest boy in the world in those waterfall picture :) what a cutie.

Chablis said...

That baby dear is the cutest thing ever! I can't believe he got to pet Bambi! Looks like so much fun. Any kind of trip with kids is SO MUCH WORK, but worth the memories!

bkjones said...

Okay I would be sweating to death through that Bear World! What a fun trip though. I think we are past due for a lunch date!

Beck said...

I am with Katie on the fact that we are past due on a lunch date. Its been WAY to long. We went to Bear World a couple years ago, but didnt get to pet any deer or pigs. Thats awesome and looks like so much fun! Such a cute family!!

The Fuller Family said...

Looks like fun. Lets meet up.

Lisa said...

You guys were right there?! It's too bad we were in Alaska. I would have loved to have a visit! It's looks like you guys had a lot of fun...