Sunday, May 4, 2008

Life isn't about getting through the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!


I love this quote. It seems as if we are coming to an end of our NICU stay(83 days so far). We hope and pray for that every day. Dylan is getting so big. He weighs 5 lbs 4 oz. He seems absolutely HUGE to us, but our view is obviously skewed! We still have at least 2 more weeks. I wish we had a date that we were going home so that I could make a countdown chain or something! The surgeon from Primary Childrens is coming to see him Thursday to decide if they will fix his hernias before we go home. They don't usually like to do it before they weigh 8 lbs, but we hope that they will. If they agree to do it he'll have surgery somewhere around the 15th. He still is having a hard time eating. There is talk that we'll be taking him home with a feeding tube, but we'll see how the next few weeks go. Annie, the occupational therapist, works with us 3 days a week on eating. We have pretty much tried about every trick in the book. She says she is going to write a book on him after we figure him out! Annie is amazing, she has been working with newborns for over 20 yrs. I don't know what I'd do without her help. The doctors keep saying that eventually the light bulb will click and he'll take off and eat...so every day when I wake up I pray for that. Sometimes it feels like its never ending, but I can't imagine my life without my two boys. I am so lucky. My due date is coming up in a few days. It was on May 6th. It's crazy to think that we wouldn't even know our little angel yet. Last night Jeff said, "Can you believe he is ours? He is just so perfect." I'm sure it will become much more real when he is home and we are up all night! I can't wait!



8 comments:

The Grimmett's said...

He looks so big and cute! I hope he starts eating soon! I love the little photo shoot!

bkjones said...

Oh look how cute that double chin is!! He is looking so good. I will keep ya in my prayers hopefully he will be able to be home soon!

georgeandmarie said...

He is looking so chubby...that is so weird to here since he is still just a tiny thing!! I hope he gets to come home really soon!! Your in our prayers!!

Calie and Dave said...

I love the pictures! He is getting so big!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that your due date is TOMORROW!! He seriously looks so big in those pictures. He has come such a long way. I am so excited for you that he will get to come home in the next few weeks. If you can make it 83 days, 2 weeks will be a breeze. I got Jax's blessing outfit at Little Things Mean A Lot. The boy options are all pretty ugly. They just look like a baptism jumper. Too bad. But, they still look adorable in them. Best of luck for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully, he starts eating and fattens up to come home!

Mich and Nate said...

I want to squish that little bum so bad! He is so dang cute, He loves just chillin with his double chin! Jeff..Congrats on the big graduation!

Clements Family said...

Those pictures are adorable! I am happy that he comes home with you so soon! Congrats Jeff on graduation!

The Fast Family said...

I love these pictures. He is so precious. Congrats on your graduation Jeff. That's awesome.