Aren't my two boys absolutely darling? Dylan is 1 month old and this last week has been great!!!! Dylan's one month measurements are 2 lbs 6 oz and 14 inches long. He came off the ventilator March 6th and was placed on Nasal C-pap which is a non-invasive ventilator. He is doing well on it so far! It is so good to finally be able to hear him cry. It is so cute and little! It seems to get a little louder each day. At first if you weren't standing right next to his bed you couldn't hear it, but he seems to be learning now that it gets him some attention if he is heard! He still remains on tons of medications. He has had his fair share of IVs...many of which have been in his head. Poor little guy! The infection caused lots of cysts throughout his lungs; the doctors have said that often times the cysts heal themselves and we're hoping we don't see long term problems. Because of the cysts, he has to remain on antibiotics for 6 more weeks. His feedings are going well. They have started adding calories to my milk so that he can hopefully start growing. Jeff and I each get to hold him once a day. It is awesome. The last couple of days he has been very bright eyed and awake for mommy time and I swear I have seen him flash me a smile or two. He has very big eyes when he can keep them open.
We want to thank Aunt Judy for the very thoughtful letter. Our thoughts and prayers are also with you and your family.
Daddy's cheesy grin while holding baby Dylan
Dylan holding Mommy's finger
10 comments:
He is so precious I am so glad he is doing well!
So sweet!! Glad to hear he is doing so well and continuing to get stronger!! You all have such amazing spirits!! Hope to hear of more progress!! Take care! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!!
Love, the wright family
He is so cute. We hope things continue to get better. We are always thinking of you. Let us know if you need ANYTHING!
Love,
Shaun, Emily, and Maisey Grimmett
We are so happy to hear that Dylan is doing so good! He is so cute and I love the picture of him holding your finger. You are always in our prayers and we love you!
How sweet! I am glad things are going good. Lil' Brooks talks every day about Jeff's ring fitting on his wrist. I am glad things are going well!
Im so glad things are going good. Please let me know if you need anything. And like everyone else we are praying for you guys.
Love you lots!!
Oh those pictures are so precious! I teared up when I saw Dylan holding on to your finger. That is the sweetest thing! You guys are amazing!
Brandi, We are glad that we have been able to see how Dylan is doing and that you guys are hanging in there. We hope he has nothing but good weeks from here on out.
Drew and Lisa Cutler
Brandi
WOW!! It is a huge milestone when they come off the vent. I am so excited for you! I seriously think of you everyday, and everyday I might get a little sick to my stomach. You know the feeling. I am so glad that you have made the turn and he is doing better. I am here if you need someone to talk to and or cry with. I pray for you daily. Kristen
Brandi,
I'm glad things are going well. I love to hear the updates and see pics.
I downloaded my background from shabbypriness.com and then just followed the step by step instructions on how to set everyting up from http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/.When it came to the header, I actually don't really like how it looks, I just couldn't figure out how to fix it. I'm a little blog iliterate. So maybe by following the same instructions I did, it will turn out the same:) If you want a pre-made template you can go to, http://cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com and download one from there.
Good luck
Heather
Post a Comment