Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mommy and Dylan's first date!



Dylan turned 3 weeks old yesterday and Mommy got to hold him outside of his bed for the first time! It is quite the process to get him out of bed with the ventilator and all the tubes and wires. I cried, laughed, smiled, gave him lots of kisses, and sang him songs. It was amazing to feel him in my arms. A dream come true! I can't believe how much we have been through in the last month. It has been a crash course into parenthood. I now understand what we put our parents through! We have definitley been blessed beyond measure. Dylan continues to make progress every day and we are so grateful to have him in our lives. He has such a sweet little spirit. When he opens his little eyes to look at me it melts my heart. I can't get enough of my little guy! The MRSA growth has been halted in both his lungs and blood, but the doctors do not know how long it will take to rid it from his little body. We still have many obstacles to overcome over the next few months. The major one for this week so far is his heart. Dylan was seen by a Cardiologist 2 days ago. The Doctors were worried that the infection had spread to his heart. This can cause growths on his heart valves which would mean probable heart surgery. His Heart looked absolutley NORMAL! A new lung problem has shown up and we pray that it will eventually resolve so that he won't have chronic lung problems. He is still being fed by a tube and making slow but sure progress with feedings. He has started losing some of the water weight that he had gained because of infection. In this process he seems to pee on everyone that takes his diaper off! Daddy loves that his aim is good! A special thanks to my wonderful husband who I love so much and could not live without. Day after day he goes to work and then comes straight to the hospital to be with me and Dylan. He works so hard and has held me together through this trial. We are so grateful for all of the prayers offered for Dylan. They are working. He continues to shock the doctors with his progress!

11 comments:

Andrus Family said...

Amazing - your updates never cease to amaze me. I love all of the details you are sharing with us, so thank you! Your little fam is constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to meet him - Michelle is always updating me on his progress, and she is one proud aunt!!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

I am so glad, I hope everything keeps getting better, you are so strong. He is so cute, that is amazing you got to hold him for the first time. Keep strong, we are praying for you guys!

Clements Family said...

Thanks for the update! I love hearing how things are going! And what a sweet picture!

Ashley and Brett said...

Brandi,
I am so thrilled for you that you got to hold your little guy. There is nothing like holding your baby in your arms for the first time. That picture was darling and you looked so happy. You are constantly in my prayers and I know you are being blessed everyday. I love reading your updates... you have a strong little man on your hands!
Ashley
http://abhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

Calie and Dave said...

Brandi,
I am so happy that you got to hold your little guy today! I can't believe how incredibly brave you are, I look up to you so much!

georgeandmarie said...

I am so happy for you!! That is awesome!!

The Lind's said...

That is great to hear that Dylan is doing better. I am so happy for you to be able to hold him...there is nothing that compares to that! You guys are in our prayers!

Adrienne said...

Brandi- your little guy is just so precious. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Miss you at work! Good luck and come down and see us or call if you ever have a minute.

The Fuller Family said...

Hi Davis family. I m so glad that everything is going so well with Dylan. We are coming up to visit soon. We will call so we can all meet up. Take care!! Garrett & Kristen

AUNT RUTHIE said...

I am Thrilled Baby Dylan is doing so well. How scary for all of you. Know I love you and will be Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I L-O-V-E having the little baby down the gown. I am SO glad that you got to hold him!! He looks like the cutest thing ever.