So because I couldn't let him wear his Dad's shirts every day Jeff went looking for the perfect shirt for his little guy. We knew 2 things... It must have a basketball on it and the NBA logo. So 2 weeks ago today Jeff brought this Jazz jersey home. Dylan was beyond ecstatic about it. He couldn't even go to sleep that night. He kept calling for me to come in. He'd sit up, smooth out his shirt and say "Mama, yook at my basketball shirt" just as soon as I'd get back in bed he'd yell for Daddy and do the same thing. He is such a crack up.
So we are going on the 14th day of wearing this jersey. Dylan has a pretty obsessive personality, he gets attached to things and does not forget about them. This has been crazy though...he does not take it off. It comes off for bath time each night, but still has to be where he can see it. He wears it over his jammies to bed at night. If it has to be washed I take it off of him after he goes to bed at night otherwise it is a total melt down freak out! He will not wear a coat because he won't cover up his jersey. I finally found a yellow jacket from Old Navy that he will put on because it matches his shirt, but he won't zip it up. This child really is so funny, but I'm getting tired of looking at his jersey. 14 days is a long time for a mom that normally dresses her son in polos and button up shirts.
He is very proud of his shirt and loves to look at himself in the mirror. For the first several days he pretty much planted himself in front of a mirror. It was love at first sight for this little guy! After the first week I figured I better send a note with him to school to explain that I really did try to put a coat on my child and there was a reason that it was in his backpack and not on him! Oh the joys of parenthood!
No comments:
Post a Comment