Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Preschool



Well my handsome little man started preschool on Feb. 24. Seriously is it already that time. He is getting so old! To say he is a fan would be a huge lie at this point in time, but it is getting better. He goes twice a week from 9-noon. The first several times I went and stayed with him. He told me "I sleepy" at least 30 times the first day! I just finished up training the teacher and aides on his tube feeding. Now I don't have to go in the middle of class anymore. It has been an interesting few weeks making this transition. I think he will do a lot better when I am not there. He is quite the Mama's boy and it has been hard on the both of us. I'm sure in a months time he will be super excited about school. I am hoping that he will soon actually wear his cute monkey backpack. He despises it at this point. We are loving the art projects that are starting to cover our fridge. I am looking forward to having a little time to myself for the first time in 3 years!(I finally only feel a little bit guilty saying that) I think I may just start going to the gym again. 3 cheers for that!
I love this little guy so much and am so happy with the progress that he is making. It definitely has not been an easy go for us, but there is absolutely nothing that compares to the joy that he brings into our lives. We love you Bubba!

3 comments:

The Balls said...

What a handsome little fella! You will soon grow to love preschool! As much as you love them and miss them,(and you have it harder than most) it will become your favorite time of the week. It is so nice to take a nap, run an errand etc.

Anonymous said...

Yahoo for Dillan!! That is one cute first day of school outfit! :) Jax likes school now. It only took 2 months! He has the same backpack that Dillan has. Too funny. So, you have taken 3 years off the gym like I have? Man, I get winded walking up the stairs these days. I, however, don't really plan on going back anytime soon. So, congrats to you for being better than me. I hope you do get a little time to yourself!

Chablis said...

Poor baby! I remember when Henry got RSV, it is absolutely miserable. Mom's suffer just as much when their babies are sick!! Hope his recovery is FAST!