Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Weekend Trips

(This is a pic of Dylan in action chasing a turkey at Bear World. He is hilarious!)

Jeff went on a 4 day fishing trip this last weekend. We missed our Dad, but he had a blast hiking and fishing all day long. I am so glad he has people to go with so I don't have to!!! Ha ha...maybe when Dylan is a bit bigger and easier. So, while Dad was away Dylan and I hopped in the car with G-ma and G-pa Cutler and headed to Idaho for The Cutler family reunion. We had a great time even though Dylan threw up half the time(nothing new there). He did pretty good on the long drive there. We only had to hear "get out" and "Mom I stuck" for the last 2 hrs! It was nice to have extra people to chase after him and keep him entertained. Luckily he puts up with Addy hauling him around everywhere. She sure loves him. We did brave going to a restaurant one night...MISTAKE. I don't know why I put myself through it.

A. its food...need I say more
B. sitting still in a high chair.

I ended up getting my food to go and D and I headed back to the hotel. We spent mostly a sleepless night. Dylan's tummy was out of whack so he threw up quite a bit. That made the reunion a little easier on all of us because he spent most of the time sleeping. Unusual for this little guy. It was a huge park with playgrounds and a splash pad. It could have been quite exhausting for all of us chasing him!



Next up was Bear World and it did not disappoint! Dylan was so fun! He perked right up when
A. He could ride in the car out of his car seat
B. Animals! He is an animal lover.



Cousin Colby and Dylan. They are both sitting in his car seat watching for bears.



Dylan ran from animal to animal. He loved the petting area. He looked at fish with Grandpa and chased every turkey and chicken he could see!



Check out this sequence of events. Instead of stopping him, I just decided to capture it. He is too funny. I however did not capture the getting down and stepping on one of the poor goats. I was too busy trying to save the goat from my crazy son.


He was a gem on the drive home. Such a good boy! He didn't even say "I stuck" a single time!

Stay tuned for the AMAZING video from Bear World. It won't load for some reason.

1 comment:

Mich and Nate said...

Okay..LOVE LOVE both posts! Walnut cracks me up everytime...D on top of the goats eating thing or whatever that is can't be funnier. I can NOT wait to see the video of him chasing chickens!!!!! We def have to do the petting zoo at thanksgiving point when I come up!