Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cinco de Strawberry

I hit up Strawberry Reservoir for the ice-off the other day with a couple buddies. We got up there during the wee hours of the morning. Although it was over 75 degrees, there was quite a bit of ice still on the water and snow on the ground in some places due to Strawberry being high elevation lake. We fished from shore tossing everything right up to the ice line and managed to pull in several. When it got warmer we busted out the float tubes and moved to open water. The wind was howling and the water was pretty cold but it was worth it. I hooked into some pretty good Cutthroat and Rainbow Trout. I had a blast! I can't wait till Dylan is old enough to come fishing with his Daddy.













1 comment:

Mich and Nate said...

Sweeet trip! Those fish look awesome. I want to fish in Utah and try for some trout..I am getting sick of all these Bass. (Okay, really Nate catches the Bass...all I ever catch are dumb Bulegill!)